U.S. News & World Report Names Virtua Voorhees Hospital Among Top 10 in New Jersey
Voorhees Ties for Sixth Place in Annual Rankings
July 26, 2022 - U.S. News & World Report has named Virtua Voorhees Hospital and Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital to its 2022-23 rankings of the best performing hospitals in New Jersey and the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area.
Virtua Voorhees is tied for 6th best in New Jersey and tied for 12th best in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area. (Data from nearby Virtua Marlton Hospital contributes to this ranking.) This is one of several recent honors for the Voorhees hospital.
- In early July, Money magazine and The Leapfrog Group included Virtua Voorhees on its inaugural list of Best Hospitals in America.
- In May, Newsweek named Virtua Voorhees as one of America’s best maternity hospitals.
- Also in May, a nursing unit within Virtua Voorhees received the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses’ PRISM Award, becoming the eighth Virtua team to earn that recognition.
“I am incredibly proud to be part of a team of health care professionals united in vision and values,” said Paul Minnick, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, FACHE, president of Virtua Voorhees and Virtua Marlton hospitals, and a senior vice president for Virtua Health. “Recognition like this reflects that we are dedicated to putting the patient first in each and every encounter. It also underscores that health care, at its best, is not transactional; rather, it is a relationship built on trust.”
U.S. News & World Report ranked Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Camden as the 15th best in New Jersey and 16th best in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area.
All Virtua hospitals received distinction as high performing for select services.
- Virtua Voorhees Hospital (including Virtua Marlton Hospital) for treating obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and heart failure, stroke, diabetes, and kidney failure, and for performing colon cancer surgery, hip replacement surgery, and knee replacement surgery.
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital for treating COPD and heart failure, heart attack, stroke, diabetes, and kidney failure, and for performing heart bypass surgery.
- Virtua Mount Holly Hospital for treating COPD and heart failure, stroke, diabetes, and kidney failure.
- Virtua Willingboro Hospital for treating COPD.
“We are very proud of Virtua Health’s consistent rankings by U.S. News & World Report and other third-party groups that measure quality, safety, and experience,” said Reginald “Reg” Blaber, MD, MBA, FACC, Virtua executive vice president and chief clinical officer. “We are on a continuous high-reliability journey, and we are tireless in our pursuit of providing the best possible care and outcomes for our patients. It is our duty to our community.”
The annual U.S. News & World Report “Best Hospitals” analysis evaluates data from nearly 5,000 hospitals and more than 30,000 physician survey responses to determine each hospital’s performance in adult and pediatric clinical specialties, procedures, and conditions. Scores are based on several factors, including survival rates, patient safety, specialized staffing, and more. The purpose of the rankings is to help patients and their doctors make informed decisions about where to seek care.