COVID-19: Virtua Health continues to prioritize your safety. For information about services, testing, visiting, vaccines, and variants, click here.
Scheduling Your Visit
Simple. You can schedule a telehealth visit by:
• Scheduling online through MyChart. Or, by your doctor’s name or location at Virtua.org
• Calling us at 888-847-8823, or call your Virtua physician’s office directly
• Not sure where to go for care? Watch this quick video to help you decide.
Preparing for Your Visit
You should think of your telehealth visit just as you would a “regular” in-person visit. Get ready to get the most of your visit by:
• Logging on in advance of your scheduled visit.
• Testing your camera and sound to be sure your provider can see and hear you.
○ Make sure you can be clearly seen (you aren’t too close or too far away from your camera).
• Make sure your device is fully charged.• When possible, set up your device in a quiet, private location to limit distractions and background noise.
• Ensure that you’ll be able to show your clinician the part of your body you’re visiting about.
• Dress as you would for an in-person appointment.
• Have your ID, insurance card ready for your check-in (or take advantage of the “e-checkin option” within MyChart to complete this task up to 48 hours before your appointment).
• Have a thermometer, blood pressure cuff, and other medical devices available during the visit. If possible, bring your medication bottles as well.
• Prepare a list of questions you wish to ask the clinician.
• While you are in the online “waiting room,” it may appear your call has dropped as things may appear “quiet.” Be assured that this is normal and your provider will join as soon possible.
• Make sure your contact information is up to date. If the clinician has trouble connecting to you, they may call you directly.
• Alert the clinician of any new medications or supplements you are taking, as well as any recent hospitalizations or tests that may have been completed outside of Virtua.
• Decline or ignore any incoming calls during your visit. If you answer, your telehealth visit may be disconnected.
• If you cannot connect to your appointment, call our Patient Support Hotline at 856-246-4113.
• After Your Virtua telehealth visit, you can expect to see your After Visit Summary in your MyChart account. Make sure your notifications are set so you may be alerted when the summary posts to your portal. You may also receive a patient satisfaction survey.