Virtua Health offers telehealth appointments for patients in many primary and specialty care areas. These remote appointments with your provider allow you to get the expert care you expect from the privacy of your home.
Our online, live-video telemedicine appointments are conducted through apps called MyChart and Zoom®. These apps use the highest levels of security and encryption to ensure your privacy.
Your provider will let you know which app(s) you will be using for your telehealth visit. While you can use these apps on your home computer, they are best viewed on a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet.
You can take the following steps to be ready for your visit.
If you need help with any of these steps, please call our Patient Support Line at 856-246-4113.
Step 1 – Get Set Up in MyChart. Watch our quick tutorial video to see how to sign up.
- If you’ve never logged into MyChart before, you will receive an activation link when you schedule your appointment. Use that link to create your MyChart account.
- You can also sign yourself up for MyChart by going here.
- If you already have a MyChart account, sign in now to confirm your appointment is there.
Step 2 – Download the Right Apps.
- Download the Zoom app to your device.
- Download MyChart to your mobile device.
Two Days Before Your Telehealth Appointment
Have your insurance information, ID card, and credit card handy if you have a co-pay.
Step 3 – Complete eCheck-In.
- Sign into MyChart to complete the eCheck-In process.
- Once you complete eCheck-In, you can sign out of MyChart until the day of your appointment.
The Day of Your Telehealth Appointment
Step 4 – Sign into MyChart.
Step 5 – Select “Begin Video Visit.”
- This will launch the Zoom app on your device. You may do this up to 15 minutes prior to your telehealth appointment
- You will be placed in the “waiting room.” Please do not leave this screen until after you have met with your provider. If you do, you may not be able to get back in.
Step 6 – Visit with Your Provider.
- Your provider will begin the meeting through Zoom.
- Enable any permission requests for the app that may pop up on your screen.
- Choose “Join Video” and “Join Audio.”
Need Help?Contact our Live Patient Support team at 856-246-4113.
Patient Support Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Weekends/Holidays: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.