Virtua Health offers telehealth appointments for patients in many primary and specialty care services and programs. These remote appointments with your provider allow you to get the expert care you expect from the privacy of your home.
Virtua providers use a variety of apps for telehealth visits. One of the apps used is Microsoft Teams, which offers online, live-video telemedicine appointments with the highest levels of security and encryption to ensure your privacy. While you can use Teams on your home computer, it is best viewed on a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet.
You can take the following steps to be ready for your visit.
If you need help with any of these steps, please call our Patient Support Line at 856-246-4113.
Step 1 – Download Microsoft Teams
- Download the Microsoft Teams app to your device. There are tip sheets linked below to help you download the app to your preferred device. (Mobile devices are preferred for the best experience.)
- Android or Tabletm (See page 1)
- iPhone or iPad (See page 1)
- PC or Laptop Computer - There is no need to download an app if you're using a laptop or computer, but this tipsheet provides instructions on how you will be notified and how to start your visit
Before Your Telehealth Appointment
Step 2 – Complete and Return All Paperwork
- Your provider will email you all necessary paperwork prior to your appointment.
- Please be sure to complete this paperwork and send it back to the office either through email or the U.S. Postal Service.
- The email from your provider will contain a link to your Teams appointment. Keep this link handy.
The Day of Your Telehealth Appointment
Step 3 – Begin Your Telehealth Appointment
- Click on the link provided to you in your appointment email.
- This will launch the Teams app on your device. You may do this up to 15 minutes prior to your telehealth appointment
- You will be placed in the “waiting room.” Please do not leave this screen until after you have met with your provider. If you do, you may not be able to get back in.
Step 4 – Visit with Your Provider
- Your provider will begin the meeting through Microsoft Teams.
- Enable any permission requests for the app that may pop up on your screen.
- Choose “Join Video” and “Join Audio.”
Need Help?Contact our Live Patient Support team at 856-246-4113.
Patient Support Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Weekends/Holidays: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.