Recover from Pain or Injury in a Safe and Supportive Pool
Aquatic therapy offers many benefits to people who are experiencing muscle and joint pain, as well as for people recovering from injury or illness. It often is used as part of an overall physical therapy plan, allowing people to build up strength for land-based exercise and therapy, or to provide a safe, comfortable environment for patients who have fall risks.
Aquatic therapy promotes decreased pain, improved balance, increased joint flexibility, increased muscle strength, as well as muscle relaxation. It can be used effectively to treat the following:
- Balance disorders
- Chronic pain
- Joint pain
- Lower back pain
- Orthopedic (bone, joint, muscle) injuries
- Recovery after healing from arthroscopic or joint surgery
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sprains and strains
Virtua Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation offers aquatic therapy pools at locations throughout South Jersey, featuring:
- Warm water therapy (90 degrees or higher) in Moorestown, Washington Township, and Barrington
- Cool water therapy in Cherry Hill at Springdale Road
- Pool access by chair lift, ramp, or stairs
- In-water parallel bars for assistance
- In-water strengthening and resistance equipment
Virtua physical therapists work with patients to create customized aquatic therapy plans and work one-on-one with them to help them reach their therapy goals.
Request a physical therapy referral from your doctor, or call 855-847-8821 to schedule a consultation with a Virtua physical therapist.