Reclaim Your Mental Well-Being
Mental and behavioral health is just as important to your quality of life as physical well-being. Unfortunately, the warning signs of mental illness or behavioral problems are not always easily recognized, and may require more support than family and friends can provide. You may need help from professionals such as psychiatrists, psychologists, or licensed social workers.
Virtua provides inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services for people of all ages at our campuses in Burlington and Camden counties.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, services are available in the emergency departments at Virtua Memorial, Virtua Voorhees, Virtua Marlton, Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes, and Virtua Willingboro hospitals.
Emergency psychiatric care is available in the emergency departments at Virtua Memorial, Virtua Voorhees, Virtua Marlton, Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes, and Virtua Willingboro hospitals.
Virtua Willingboro has four programs to stabilize and treat patients. The team focuses on safeguarding your medical status in a hospital environment and preparing you for continued outpatient care.
- Crisis: The hospital is the designated emergency screening and crisis intervention program (SCIP) for Burlington County. This program offers crisis intervention, emergency stabilization, individual assessments, short-term inpatient stays and referral/transition to further treatment that may include longer-term inpatient services, partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient care, or outpatient treatment.
- Adult: This voluntary unit is for individuals 18 and over who need admission for acute or chronic psychiatric disorders that may be accompanied by or include substance use disorder, suicide risk, hallucination, severe anxiety, or mood disorders.
- Short-Term Care: For individuals who pose a risk to themselves or others, this involuntary-admission unit provides emergency stabilization, individual assessments and short-term inpatient stays.
At Virtua Memorial, inpatient psychiatric care is available for adults with acute or chronic psychiatric conditions. Issues may include substance abuse, risk of suicide or self-harm, hallucination, severe anxiety, or mood disorders.
Virtua Memorial also offers electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), a brain stimulation technique used to treat clinical depression that hasn’t eased with traditional treatment, in an outpatient setting.
Outpatient Behavioral Health Treatment Services
Virtua offers a number of outpatient behavioral health services, including screening and support for women experiencing depression during and after pregnancy, weekly support groups, and education on treatment options.
Treatment for Opioid Abuse
The Virtua Medication Assisted Treatment program, located at Virtua Health & Wellness Center – Berlin, offers a combination of therapies on an outpatient basis to help individuals overcome opioid use disorders. We provide medical evaluation of patients with opioid use disorder and prescribe FDA-approved medications such as Suboxone® and Vivitrol®, which have been shown to be effective in the aid of patients in recovery.
In addition to medications, our program provides:
- Psychotherapy, including substance abuse counseling and cognitive behavioral therapy
- Help with navigating to other needed services, including medical appointments and social service support
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call 856-322-3110.
Programs for Children
If your child has a mild to severe emotional and behavioral problem, each day can be a struggle. The Virtua Children Achieving Success through Therapeutic Life Experiences (CASTLE) program provides high quality diagnoses and treatments for children with behavior and mental health issues in South Jersey.
Day, after-school, and outpatient programs are held at Virtua Health & Wellness Centers in Berlin and Camden.
For more information, call 888-VIRTUA-3 (888-847-8823).