Reclaim Mental Well-Being
Mental and behavioral health is just as important to an individual's overall quality of life as physical well-being. However, the warning signs of mental illness or behavioral problems are not as noticeable as physical conditions. During highly stressful and difficult times, people of all ages may need more support than family and friends can provide. They may need help from professionals such as psychiatrists, psychologists or licensed social workers.
Virtua has partnered with the Center for Family Guidance to provide high-quality behavioral health services in our 24-hour inpatient psychiatric care unit at Virtua Memorial Hospital and in all of our emergency rooms. This includes:
- Psychiatric and psychological evaluations
- Behavioral health evaluations through secure, real-time video teleconferencing
- Referrals for outpatient counseling and follow up for individuals, groups and families with board-certified psychiatrists, psychologists and licensed clinical social workers
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), a brain stimulation technique used to treat clinical depression that hasn’t eased with traditional treatment
In addition, Virtua provides these specialized behavioral health services:
- Support for children through Virtua’s Children Achieving Success through Therapeutic Life Experiences program at Virtua Camden.
- Support for women experiencing depression during and after pregnancy, including screening before and after delivery, weekly support groups and education on treatment options