If you’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer, feel assured that Virtua’s compassionate, multidisciplinary team is here to help.
The Penn Medicine | Virtua Cancer Program offers advanced treatments and personalized support for those with suspected or diagnosed breast cancer. From fellowship-trained breast surgeons to oncology nurse navigators, we guide you through every aspect of treatment—offering attentive care for your physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
To consult with a breast surgeon,
The Penn Medicine | Virtua Cancer Program provides advanced clinical and surgical care in a compassionate environment. Your dedicated care team includes fellowship-trained surgeons, renowned in their specialties, who see patients in Voorhees, Moorestown, Washington Township, and Marlton. This includes:
• James Crawford, MD, breast surgeon
• William Holaday, MD, breast surgeon
• Elizabeth Revesz, MD, breast surgeon
• Michelle Shen, MD, breast surgeon
• Lori Timmerman, DO, breast surgeon
• Alexander Au, MD, microvascular and plastic surgeon—specializing in breast reconstruction
• Eric Jablonka, MD, microvascular and plastic surgeon—specializing in breast reconstruction
A multidisciplinary approach to breast cancer treatment
Virtua’s breast surgeons lead a team that includes medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, oncology nurse navigators, social workers and genetic counselors—all specializing in breast cancer care.
Alongside them is our caring cancer support network that’s here to help you feel your best through treatment. That could mean connecting you with our Cancer Center Hair Boutique for help with hair loss or connecting you and your family with a social worker to help you all navigate the changes you might experience during treatment.
The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) recently granted full, three-year accreditation to the Virtua Breast Care Center—its fourth successive designation by the group. Administered by the American College of Surgeons, the NAPBC requires accredited programs to comply with exacting standards for treating the full spectrum of breast disease.
The NAPBC recognizes Virtua for providing “excellent evaluation and care for all patients” that includes:
• State-of-the-art technology, including MarginProbe
• Wide variety of clinical trials available through our alliance with Penn Medicine
• Specially trained oncology nurse navigators who help patients understand their diagnoses, connect them with support services and schedule appointments with specialists
• Robust genetics program with dedicated, board-certified genetic counselors
• Social workers specially trained in oncology counseling
• Early detection screening and community education
• Survivorship services, including support groups
• Palliative care for symptom relief
The Virtua program is one of just four NAPBC-accredited breast centers in South Jersey.
If you've just been diagnosed with breast cancer, our oncology nurse navigators help you with all aspects of your care. This includes:
• Helping you understand your diagnosis, breast-cancer-care plan and medications
• Facilitating and streamlining communication between you and your doctors
• Answering questions
• Coordinating scheduled appointments
• Assisting with scheduling second-opinion appointments with Virtua specialists
Breast Care Navigators
Maria Minardi, BSN, RN
Randi Solden, RN, BS, OCN
Virtua's cancer classes and support groups help you understand and cope with a cancer diagnosis.
A diagnosis of breast cancer can be a frightening experience for any woman. The Breast Cancer Handbook has been designed to inform you and help you keep all of your breast cancer care information organized. This guide can help you with the questions and decisions in the days ahead. View The Breast Cancer Handbook.
Inflammatory breast cancer is rare, but aggressive. It's important for women to know its unique symptoms.Read More
The American Cancer Society released new guidelines for how changes in your diet and physical activity can significantly lower your risk for cancer. Start today with these tips.Read More
The pink highlights in Susan Rosati’s hair remind her of a cancer journey that included treatments for a rare gynecologic cancer AND breast cancer.Read More