Manage symptoms and side effects of cancer treatment
Look and feel your best during and after treatment
- Breast prosthetics for a natural breast shape post-mastectomy
After mastectomy, you may decide breast reconstruction is not for you, but still want a natural breast shape. Breast prosthetics, or breast forms, allow you to look like yourself in any type of clothing, even under bathing suits or the most delicate fabrics. Our specially trained prosthetic specialists give you comfortable, real looking breast forms that only you’ll know—and may even forget—you’re wearing.
- Micropigmentation (nipple tattooing) for realistic, non-surgical nipple creation
After breast reconstructive surgery, many women choose to have nipple reconstruction. For many breast cancer survivors, this option helps provide emotional and physical recovery after breast cancer. An increasingly popular option is micropigmentation or nipple tattooing.
A micropigmentation specialist creates the illusion of a protruding nipple with a convincing 3-D effect. Penn Medicine | Virtua micropigmentation specialists are board certified by the American Academy of Micropigmentation and members of the Society of Permanent Cosmetics.
Other benefits of nipple tattooing include:
- Minimal to no pain during procedure
- Complete coordination and consultation of color and size of areola with micropigmentation specialist
- Usually completed in one session
- Little to no recovery time needed
- Wigs, scarves, hats to help with hair loss
Temporary hair loss can be a side effect of chemotherapy, but there many options to help you feel more confident about your appearance until your hair grows back. Our experts guide you with compassion to find the right fit and style. They understand the importance of details like soft-feeling materials and a tight fit. They are devoted to helping you look and feel your best, taking all the time you want to try a wide range of choices.
The Cancer Center Hair Boutique, at the Virtua Samson Cancer Center in Moorestown, is a private setting that provides a safe haven for women experiencing hair loss related to cancer treatment. The Boutique is staffed by Rizzieri Salon and Spa professionals who offer head-shaving services, wig fittings and scarf-tying lessons all free of charge through generous donations to Rizzieri's Annual "You Are Beautiful" Campaign.
- Specialized spa treatments to relax and rejuvenate
Oncology-certified estheticians and massage therapists provide you with therapeutic and relaxing spa services tailored just for you. They specialize in care for guests during various stages of diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
- Massage therapy
- Reiki (energy) therapy
Get support in your community
Resources for your family and friends during treatment
- Tips for loved ones to help you through cancer treatment and recovery
- Tips to help children cope with your cancer diagnosis
- Seeing a social worker at the hospital