Support for You and Your Family
We understand that each person’s cancer journey presents a unique set of challenges for the patient and their loved ones. That’s why the Penn Medicine | Virtua Cancer Program provides a full range of counseling services.
Oncology Social Workers
Our experienced social workers specialize in supporting you and your family through the challenges of a cancer diagnosis and treatment. They understand that cancer affects each person in a different way. Our social workers provide:
- Free counseling for individuals, couples, and families, along with connections to services that can reduce stress for you and your family through all phases of cancer treatment and survivorship
- Assistance with insurance coverage, Social Security and disability benefit information, and community referrals for housing, transportation, and long-term care
- Facilitation of various support groups, including the breast cancer and gynecologic cancer support groups
A Virtua spiritual support counselor provides emotional and spiritual support regardless of faith or religious belief. Our counselor provides:
- Guidance to help strengthen and empower patients to cope with their illnesses and procedures; and address emotional, spiritual, meaning of life, and personal concerns and conflicts
- Facilitation of the cancer survivor support group
Counseling is available in person or by phone.