The Penn Medicine Virtua Cancer Program in South Jersey provides preventative, diagnostic and treatment services for individuals with cancer.
The Penn Medicine Virtua Cancer Program's physicians are board-certified, follow best practice protocols, participate in quality assurance audits and attend continuing education programs.
The program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) Commission on Cancer—and has received the Commission’s Outstanding Achievement Award.
The Penn Medicine Virtua Cancer Program's integrated team of oncology specialists is dedicated to providing individualized, state-of-the-art treatment—and personalized supportive care—to patients with many types of cancer. Services of our cancer treatment program include:
- Digital mammography
- Minimally invasive biopsies and surgical treatments, including robotic-assisted surgery
- Radiation oncology including a range of advanced therapies
- Medical oncology including state-of-the-art chemotherapy agents and techniques
- Biologic therapy (immunotherapy) such as monoclonal antibodies, vaccines and gene therapy
- International, national and regional clinical trials for almost every type of cancer
The cancer program delivers the following clinical services:
- Precise diagnosis through molecular diagnostics, pathology, and cytology analyses
- Second-opinion service for newly diagnosed patients (outpatient only)
- Outpatient chemotherapy and infusion centers
- Patient navigation services including an oncology nurse navigation program that serves patients diagnosed with breast, colorectal, gastrointestinal, gynecologic or prostate cancer
- Genetic testing and risk assessment for hereditary cancers
- Inpatient hospice unit
- Home health care
- Clinical oncology social work
- Community Education and Early Detection (CEED) Program
- Support groups and individual counseling
- Lung cancer screening and Lung Wellness Program
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Cancer Fitness program
- Individualized nutrition counseling for cancer
- Integrative therapies
- Virtú’s Survivorship Spa Services
- Spiritual counseling program
In addition, surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, cancer genetic specialists, nurse navigators, clinical oncology social workers, research staff, and oncology nurses specializing in cancer care attend multidisciplinary cancer conferences. These meetings are forums to discuss treatment options and planning for newly diagnosed cancer patients.