The Penn Medicine | Virtua Cancer Program offers the strength of two renowned health care leaders and the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options, right here in South Jersey.
Integrated TeamThe diagnosis and treatment of cancer requires a coordinated team of experts to collaborate on all aspects of patient care. The Penn Medicine | Virtua Cancer Program Physician Panel includes Penn Medicine and Virtua physicians working together in New Jersey to provide individualized, state-of-the-art treatment and personalized care. Your case is reviewed by a team of oncology doctors, nurses and other specialists. Working together, they develop a comprehensive plan to treat you, not just your cancer.
The Penn Medicine | Virtua Cancer Program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. The program received the Commission’s Outstanding Achievement award, and continues to exceed national benchmarks for quality and safety.
Diagnosis and Treatment Services
- Surgical Oncology, including minimally invasive biopsies and robotic-assisted surgery
- Radiation Therapy with advanced technology, including HDR Skin Brachytherapy
- Medical Oncology, including chemotherapy
- Immunotherapy, or biotherapy, such as monoclonal antibodies, vaccines, and gene therapy
- Precise diagnosis through molecular diagnostics, pathology, and cytology analyses
- Second-opinion service for newly diagnosed patients