Elective Surgeries and Procedures
In accordance with guidelines from the New Jersey Department of Health, Virtua Health resumed elective surgeries, procedures, and tests in May.
We recognize that you may have questions and lingering apprehension about safety.
We continue to evaluate and meet a number of critical metrics, including the enhanced availability of lab testing and supplies. We continually practice enhanced social distancing, safety, and cleaning protocols; maintain an adequate supply of PPE; and remain vigilant among the spike in new cases in our community.
How Virtua Keeps You Safe
We know that your health is a priority, and it is important that you access the care you need. While we are offering all services, we are staggering some schedules as appropriate to allow for additional cleaning and to avoid having too many people in the facilities at one time.
At Virtua, we take a multilayered approach to your safety, including:
- Requiring patients to participate in a pre-procedural quarantine
- Performing COVID-19 testing
- Asking screening questions during pre-procedural phone calls
- Prohibiting or limiting visitors
- Repeating screening questions on the day of a procedure
- Allowing for social distancing prior to and after a procedure
- Maintaining separate outpatient and inpatient areas for COVID-19 positive and negative patients
- Disinfecting all patient areas before and after procedures
- Escorting patients to their rides home
We're Here for You
Please remember that we are always ready and available to provide you with safe emergency and essential care. We continue to offer in-person visits and, when appropriate, video visits with our providers throughout Virtua Health. Rest assured that we are here for you and your family during this trying time.