For the health and safety of our staff and of the communities we serve, Virtua Health has made the decision to temporarily suspend classes and events, and close our fitness centers. Please see the links below for more information.
Important Update Regarding the Virtua Mobile Farmers Market - 6.05.20
As you know, over the past several months, our team has worked closely with Virtua Health leadership to make sure our community has access to fresh produce and nonperishable foods during this time of increased need. Safety has been central to our modified operations: safety for you, our community, and our team. Throughout this time, we have greatly appreciated your support as we work together to “flatten the curve.”
Please take the time to review all of the information included below; you will find important details regarding upcoming supply changes to the market:
- As of June 9th, each customer will receive 1 bag of assorted fresh fruits and vegetables. Visitors may also receive nonperishable items, based on availability (1 bag per customer). We will continue to serve our first 50 visitors at each site during the scheduled distribution hour. (Please refer to the Food Distribution Schedule here.)
- Food inventory distributions are meant to accommodate single households. Unfortunately, we cannot provide multiple pick-ups per individual customer.
- Distributions will adhere to a first-come, first-served model to ensure fairness.
- Beginning the week of July 1st, we will offer both drive-thru and socially distanced walk-up pick-ups. Again, each customer will receive 1 bag of fresh produce items.
- All visitors should follow signage and team member instructions to form a line for quick, efficient pick-up, whether in a vehicle or on foot.
- To support the health and safety of all visitors in our walk-up model, we ask everyone to honor a minimum of 6 feet social distancing. We will ensure adequate distancing by marking 6 feet increments with cones or other signage for both the line and pick-up area. This area will include a sanitized table where our team will place a bag, step away, and prompt you to approach and receive your items.
- In the drive-thru model, team members will continue to provide all food distributions by placing a bag in the trunk of your vehicle or bed of your truck. Please be prepared to open your trunk from within your vehicle, as our team cannot accommodate direct contact and is not permitted to deposit food items through a passenger door or window.
- While we do not yet have a confirmed date for our transition back to an affordable retail model, we are actively working on a plan for our community members to resume purchasing fresh produce with us. We are excited to be able to offer you a larger, more diverse inventory, from which customers will once more be able to choose their own combination of fruits and vegetables at affordable prices.
While change is inevitable for our market and customers, we are committed to keeping you updated on all operational adjustments – and to maintaining our rigorous health and safety standards. We look forward to hearing your feedback as we navigate these new conditions – together. As always, our team is incredibly grateful for your patience, cooperation, and trust during these unprecedented times.
View our current schedule here. We are also providing pop-up markets on Tuesdays, which change weekly. Follow us on Instagram (@VirtuaMFM) and Facebook (Virtua Mobile Farmers Market page) to receive the most up to date information regarding our market.