At Virtua, all of our Emergency Departments provide pediatric emergency care and meet the American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines for emergency services. Plus, we partner with the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) to provide emergency pediatric care at Virtua Voorhees and Virtua Memorial 24/7.
At the Virtua Memorial Pediatric Pavilion, we utilize the latest technology to support the fastest recovery possible.
When it comes to children, here are some warning signs to look out for:
- Bleeding that doesn't stop after five minutes of direct pressure
- Severe or ongoing vomiting
- Bloody stools or diarrhea
- Extreme sleepiness or fussiness, dizziness, confusion, or other changes
- Chest or abdominal (stomach) pain or pressure
- A stiff neck with a fever or headache