Regain Control, Ease Pain
No matter your age, you may face urinary incontinence, pain during intercourse or age or pregnancy-related changes in your pelvic organs. In fact, pelvic floor disorders affect almost half of all women during their lives. These conditions shouldn’t be considered a normal part of aging or something you should “put up with.” It’s better to have your initial symptoms evaluated sooner rather than later so they don't worsen. Most conditions are highly treatable with therapies that can eliminate both discomfort and inconvenience.
We offer diagnostic and comprehensive treatment for a range of pelvic floor disorders including:
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Stress and urge urinary incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Sexual dysfunction
- Pelvic anatomy abnormalities that are present from birth
- Bowel incontinence
Our multi-disciplinary female pelvic medicine team is experienced in helping women improve pelvic health, and return to optimal function, comfort and normal activity. Virtua’s comprehensive solutions for female pelvic conditions include:
- Multi-channel urodynamic studies
- Flexible cystoscopy for patient comfort
- Minimally invasive procedures, including suspensions for prolapse and incontinence
- Reconstructive surgery
- Complex procedures for a range of pelvic fistula repairs
- Nerve stimulator for urge incontinence
- Physical therapy
- Hyberbaric oxygen therapy
When used either by itself or in conjunction with various other procedures, physical therapy can be an effective treatment for pelvic pain and can improve symptoms related to pelvic problems.
For more resources, visit Voices for PFD.
To schedule an appointment with a Virtua pelvic medicine specialist, call 888-847-8823.