Experience the Healing Power of Oxygen
As one of life’s primary building blocks, oxygen has an important role in the complex process of healing.
Oxygen helps create injury-healing cells, but the oxygen available through the air we breathe isn’t always enough to create those cells. Complications from diabetes, surgical and radiation wounds, and more, can stress the body and make it harder to heal.
In cases like these, a specialized wound healing therapy called hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) delivers higher concentrations of oxygen directly to tissue that's resistant to healing.
Virtua Health’s convenient hyperbaric centers treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Wounds that haven’t healed within 30 days
- Diabetes-related wounds, including ulcers of the foot
- Bone infection (osteomyelitis)
- Failed or compromised skin grafts
- Delayed radiation tissue damage, including oral and gum tissue
- Urological conditions like interstitial cystitis
- Actinomycosis infections
What to Expect During Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- The therapy is painless and gentle.
- You will lay comfortably in a large see-through tube, immersed in 100 percent oxygen.
- You can listen to music or even watch a movie.
- You can relax, and may rest or fall asleep.
- You can see and talk to your technician at any time during the session.
- Sessions are 90 minutes, five times a week, for several weeks as prescribed (results are most effective when all sessions are completed).
Why Virtua for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Personalized care provided by a team of highly qualified specialists
- Patient evaluation by supervising hyperbaric oxygen therapy physician prior to treatments
- State-of-the art facilities at three convenient locations
- Easy appointment scheduling
- Most insurances are accepted, and referrals usually not required