Experience the Healing Power of Oxygen
As one of life’s primary building blocks, oxygen has an important role in the complex process of healing.
Oxygen helps create injury-healing cells, but the oxygen available through the air we breathe isn’t always enough to create those cells. Complications from diabetes, surgical and radiation wounds and more can stress the body and make it harder to heal.
In cases like these, a specialized wound healing therapy called hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) delivers higher concentrations of oxygen directly to tissue that's resistant to healing.
A progressive therapy recognized for producing excellent results for patients, HBOT is used for a variety of conditions, including:
- Wounds that haven’t healed within 30 days
- Diabetes-related wounds, including ulcers of the foot and leg
- Pressure ulcers
- Bone infection (osteomyelitis)
- Failed skin grafts
- Delayed radiation tissue damage, including oral and gum tissue
- Urological conditions like interstitial cystitis
What does a patient experience during hyperbaric oxygen therapy?
- The therapy is painless and gentle.
- Patients lay comfortably in a large see-through tube, immersed in 100% oxygen.
- They can listen to music or even watch a movie.
- Many patients describe the therapy as relaxing and may rest or fall asleep.
- Patients can see and talk to their technician at any time during the entire session.
- Sessions are 90 minutes, 5 times a week, for several weeks as recommended (results are most effective when recommended sessions are completed).
Why Virtua for hyperbaric oxygen therapy?
- Personalized care provided by a team of highly qualified specialists
- Patient evaluation by supervising hyperbaric oxygen therapy physician prior to each treatment
- State-of-the art facility at the Virtua Health & Wellness Center in Voorhees
- Convenient, easy-to-access South Jersey location on Route 73, four miles south of Route 70
- Easy appointment scheduling
- Most insurances are accepted and referrals usually not required
Virtua Wound Healing Center—Voorhees
200 Bowman Drive, Suite E110
Voorhees, NJ 08043
Call 1-888-847-8823 for information and appointments.