Infertility: Bringing Baby Dreams to Reality
If you have been frustrated by unsuccessful attempts to have a baby, you may be looking for answers and guidance about how to conceive. During this difficult time, you’re not alone. At least 12 percent of all couples trying to have a baby experience infertility, which affect men and women equally. We understand the emotions and questions that come with this difficult experience.
Our reproductive endocrinologists are board-certified obstetrician/gynecologists (OB/GYNs) with advanced education and training in the diagnosis and treatment of reproductive disorders and infertility in women and men. And as South Jersey’s leading provider of OB/GYN care, our fertility specialists use the latest techniques to help couples achieve pregnancy, including:
- Medication and hormone therapy
- Intrauterine insemination
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), a fertilization procedure in which a sperm is injected directly into an egg
- Embryo cryopreservation (freezing)
- Donor eggs
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis, a procedure in which embryos created through in-vitro fertilization (IVF) can be tested for genetic problems prior to being placed into the uterus to establish a pregnancy
Virtua’s reproductive endocrinologists perform advanced minimally invasive and robotic surgical infertility treatments such as repair of damaged fallopian tubes and myomectomy, which is the removal of uterine fibroids. Our endocrinologists also treat severe endometriosis to help improve the chances of fertility. On the leading edge of fertilization technology, Virtua fertility specialists also offer an exciting surgical technique called transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy, which allows access to the abdominal cavity without abdominal incisions or punctures and can be performed under local anesthesia in both the office and operating room settings.
For a referral to a Virtua infertility specialist, call 1-888-VIRTUA-3 (1-888-847-8823).