Healing Hearts from Within
Virtua Health’s experienced, board-certified interventional cardiologists specialize in the latest catheter-based strategies to treat complex coronary artery disease in the heart, as well as blockages in the leg, arm, and neck arteries. They also treat blood clots in the arteries of the lungs.
Our cardiac catheterization teams combine compassionate care and cutting-edge technology to deliver the best outcomes for you. Every day, Virtua physicians perform critical diagnostic and life-saving interventions in our labs, with the support of a nationally recognized cardiovascular surgical team and experienced nursing staff.
We offer an array of services, both emergency and elective, to extend and improve the quality of your life. Each year, our cardiologists perform thousands of cardiac catheterization and other interventional procedures, and have earned a national reputation for excellence in heart care.
Based at Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes, Virtua Marlton, and Virtua Memorial, our interventional cardiologists perform diagnostic procedures such as cardiac catheterization and coronary angiography.
- Angioplasty with stent placement (percutaneous coronary intervention)
- Atherectomy, a procedure in which plaque is physically removed so the catheter can further expand the artery’s opening
- Placement of coronary stents, including drug-eluting and dissolving stents
- Diagnostic catheterization
- “Hybrid” procedures for multiple coronary artery blockages that utilize interventional cardiologists to open some through angioplasty and cardiothoracic surgeons to treat others through different minimally invasive techniques
- Atrial septal defect repair to reduce stroke risk
- Patent foramen ovale closure to reduce stroke risk