Fast, Accurate Bloodwork
Outpatient lab services provide vital information to clinicians. The services, which include standard blood tests, influence the medical treatment patients receive by helping clinicians diagnose common and uncommon illnesses and conditions.
Virtua provides quick, convenient outpatient lab testing through multiple locations in South Jersey. Virtua outpatient labs in Camden, Gloucester and Burlington counties are staffed by phlebotomists who are specially trained to collect blood samples. Virtua's highly experienced team of technical staff analyzes tests and reports results to physicians in a timely and efficient manner. Physicians are able to provide the results to their patients with confidence.
The labs provide services, both routine and specialized, to the public and to long-term and specialty care facilities. Outpatient lab services do not require a patient to stay overnight in the hospital. When possible, Virtua labs electronically send test results to the ordering physician on the same day as the patient's visit.
To schedule an appointment, call 844-896-LABS (844-896-5227).
For additional information on specific lab tests, visit labtestsonline.org.
Blood tests are commonly used to diagnose the following disorders:
- Metabolic disorders such as diabetes
- Allergy testing
- Immunodeficiency disorders
- Viral and bacterial infections
- Tumor pathology
The benefits of having outpatient lab testing performed at Virtua include:
- Evening and weekend hours available.
- Ability to schedule lab appointments. For your convenience, please call to schedule glucose and lactose tolerance tests.
- No appointment is necessary when having routine laboratory specimens collected.
- Pediatric phlebotomists available at select locations.
- Most test results reported the same day.
- Most major insurances are accepted.
Information for your next lab visit:
- All test requests must be accompanied by a physician's order.
- Some tests require that you fast for 12 hours prior to specimen collection. Please follow your physician's instructions. Remember, water is always OK.
- We will verify your insurance and billing information at every visit.