Laser treatment is very effective for a broad range of skin and nail conditions, including:
- Rejuvenating and tightening skin
- Lightening dark or pigmented lesions and sun spots
- Minimizing spider veins
- Fading scars and stretch marks
- Treating rosacea of the cheeks, nose and chin
- Fighting acne and nail fungus
- Shrinking warts
- Treating psoriasis
- Removing hair
The laser energy passes through the epidermis and selectively targets tissue without affecting the surrounding skin. The laser energy is safe, gentle and virtually painless.
Where can I get it?
Laser treatments are being offered in the Virtua for Women Primary Care & Wellness Center.
How do I know if it’s right for me?
If you are looking to improve the look of your skin and nails, laser treatment might be right for you. Here are the benefits:
- Safe and effective; administered by a physician, nurse practitioner or registered nurse
- Eliminates the need for a more invasive surgical procedure
- Patients may experience a mild warming sensation on the skin
- Side effects are minimal (may experience skin redness)
- There’s no recovery period after treatment
Avoid direct sun exposure for two weeks before and after laser treatment. Use a minimum of 30 SPF sun block daily to prevent dark spots from returning.
Does my insurance cover this service?
Your insurance may cover treatments that are medically necessary, such as treating nail fungus. Please check with your insurance carrier for coverage information. Depending on your plan, you may need a referral from your doctor or specialist.
*Outcomes may vary depending on your skin condition and various other factors.