Liver Transplant at Virtua
Liver transplantation is a lifesaving procedure for people with end-stage liver disease.
The Virtua Center for Organ Transplantation is the only provider of liver transplants in South Jersey. Our compassionate, experienced staff provide personalized care throughout your transplant journey, which includes:
- Listing and waiting for a liver transplant
- Preparing for liver transplant surgery
- Care after liver transplant surgery
Our team works closely to match each patient with an available donor organ.
Liver transplantation can restore health to patients with liver failure caused by:
- Liver cancer
- Hepatitis B and C
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Cirrhosis, or scarring, of the liver
- Metabolic conditions, such as Wilson’s disease
- Poisoning or damage caused by long-term substance abuse
Thanks to new advances in anti-viral and immunosuppression drugs, hepatitis C-negative recipients can receive a liver from a hepatitis C-positive donor.
Our team also is experienced in performing simultaneous liver-kidney transplants.