Virtua Medical Weight Loss - Core Program
A 12-week intensive lifestyle weight-loss program with a focus on nutrition, behavior and exercise modification.Program features:
- A structured and comprehensive program provided by a caring team of medical professionals
- Meal replacements and/or FDA-approved medications available as tools to support safe weight-loss (must meet BMI requirement of 30 or greater/calculate your BMI here).
- Weekly expert-led workshops with progress checks to help you achieve your goal
- Medical oversight while you safely lose weight
- Individualized meal planning and goal setting with a registered dietitian
- Continuation programs offered to support additional weight loss or weight maintenance
- Medical consultation with physician or advanced nurse practitioner
- Nutrition consultation with a registered dietitian to get you started on the right track
- Body composition analysis to identify hydration, muscle and body fat baseline
- Your insurance may cover registered dietitian visits. A referral may be required and copays may apply.
- If your insurance plan doesn’t cover a dietitian consultation, the cost is $42-126.
- Insurance doesn’t cover the cost of meal replacements.
- Medication costs vary based on individual insurance coverage. Please contact your prescription insurance carrier to confirm coverage of weight-loss medications.
Virtua Medical Weight Loss - Continuation Program
Losing the weight is just the start. Virtua’s Continuation Program offers support for further weight loss or weight maintenance. You can choose a weekly or bi-weekly option. To ensure success, dietitian follow-up visits are required at least quarterly.Weekly option ($100/month*)
Four expert-led workshops per month and weekly progress checks to keep you accountable and on track.
*Insurance doesn’t cover the cost of meal replacements.Bi-weekly option ($50/month*)
Two expert-led workshops per month with progress checks to provide support for weight-loss maintenance.
*Insurance doesn’t cover the cost of meal replacements.
A La Carte OptionsDietitian visits (insurance*)
Available as stand-alone option or in combination with other Virtua weight-loss programs.
*Your insurance may cover registered dietitian visits. A referral may be required and copays may apply. If your insurance plan doesn’t cover dietitian visits, costs are $126-$168 (initial visit), $72-$108 (follow-up visits).Behaviorist visits (insurance*)
Available only as an add-on for patients participating in the Core Program or Continuation Program.
*Insurance may cover behaviorist visits. A referral may be required and copays may apply.Body composition testing ($25)
- Available as stand-alone option or in combination with other Virtua weight-loss programs.
- Four-point segmental body composition testing provides accurate personalized insight into muscle, fat and hydration status and helps you understand your progress on a deeper level.