You and your family will work with our midwives to prepare for your birth and transition into parenthood. Our midwives guide you through your preparation for labor and birth, breathing and relaxation, breastfeeding, and the postpartum period.
At Virtua, midwives attend births (deliver babies) in the hospital and our birth center. Having that choice means you have options if you want a midwifery birth but need more high-level care.
Most importantly, our midwives promote pregnancy as a healthy experience regardless of where you deliver your baby. Attending your birth means your midwife is an invited guest to the experience, sharing their expertise while ensuring that what’s most important to you and your family is at the center of your care.
• Learn about the midwifery birth experience in the hospital
• Learn about the birth experience at the Midwifery Birth & Wellness Center
We support your health and wellness throughout your life, from adolescence through menopause. We take a holistic approach to your care, empowering you to understand all aspects of your health.
Our services include:
• Annual breast and gynecologic exams and screenings
• Contraception guidance and options, including natural family planning, oral contraception, and long-acting reversible contraception
• Preconception education and screenings
• Pregnancy care, including prenatal screenings
• Sexually transmitted infection screening, testing, and treatment
• Menopause and perimenopause symptom management, including natural treatment options
• Knowledgeable and inclusive gender-affirming health care for our LGBTQ+ community
Our team of certified nurse midwives
provides individualized, evidence-based, and comprehensive care throughout your lifespan. This includes midwifery-led pregnancy, birth, gynecologic, and wellness care. We are dedicated to providing ALL individuals compassionate, respectful, and empowering care.
Our midwives provide care at these locations:
Virtua Midwifery – Voorhees (Births at Midwifery Birth & Wellness Center)
Virtua Midwifery – Camden (Births at Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital)
Virtua Midwifery – Sicklerville
(Births at Virtua Voorhees Hospital and Midwifery Birth & Wellness Center)