The Midwifery Birth & Wellness Center delivers an intimate environment for a natural, physiologic birth experience and the convenience of onsite prenatal visits to prepare you for birth, breastfeeding, and caring for a newborn. With our center located right next to Virtua Voorhees Hospital, you’ll have peace of mind that you’re moments away from comprehensive obstetric and neonatal hospital care should you or your newborn need it.
Our midwives help you personalize your birth experience—supporting you in trusting your body and your baby’s abilities to carry you both through labor and birth, assisting you with breathing and relaxation techniques, and exploring labor and birth positions and water birth. We offer a warm, home-like environment that includes these amenities and services:
- Private suites for labor, birth, postpartum, and family bonding that provide a serene and relaxing environment that you can personalize with music, aromatherapy, and adjustable lighting.
- Birthing suites feature tubs for labor comfort and water births, walk-in showers, labor support items such as peanut balls, labor balls, and OmGyms.
- Family-friendly kitchen, lounge, and sibling play space to support your family’s comfort during your labor, birth, and postpartum care.
- A tree-lined outdoor patio space where you can relax or walk around in the fresh air during labor.
- Discharge within hours after birth so you can bond comfortably with your family at home.
- Onsite midwifery practice for prenatal care and screenings, breastfeeding support, and postpartum care. Initial prenatal visits are one hour, and following visits are 30 minutes each.
- Education in physiologic birth preparation, breastfeeding, and infant care.