Neurosurgery Partnership with Penn Medicine
Virtua has partnered with Penn Medicine to provide brain and spine procedures and bring the region’s foremost leader in neurosurgical treatment and research to Virtua Memorial Hospital. The Penn Medicine Virtua Neurosurgery Program is another way these two great health systems are working together to ensure the highest level of care is available to residents of South Jersey.
Advanced Surgical Care for the Brain and Spine
Neurosurgeons diagnose and treat patients with injury to or diseases of the nervous system (brain, spinal cord, and nerves). A neurosurgeon may provide surgical and/or non-surgical care depending on the nature of the condition or injury.
Patients benefit from advanced technology and state-of-the-art treatment of conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, stroke and other brain injuries, tumors, herniated discs and a wide range of spinal cord injuries.
The Safest and Most Effective Procedures
The brain and spinal cord make up the complex central nervous system, and injuries and disease of these delicate structures require a high degree of expertise. Penn Medicine and Virtua have built a comprehensive program with advanced imaging systems, a cutting-edge neuro-navigational system and access to the newest research and techniques available anywhere.
For patients requiring complex spinal surgery, Penn Medicine neurosurgeons now supplement the already exceptional team of Virtua spine specialists. Our surgeons work together to determine the most effective method to address the cause of your pain or problem.
Neurosurgery is performed at Virtua Memorial Hospital in Mount Holly, New Jersey, featuring:
- State-of-the-art operating rooms that support sophisticated orthopedic and neurosurgery cases
- "A" rating for patient safety by Hospital Safety Score, administered by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized hospital quality tracking organization
- Gold Plus Achievement Award from The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association
- Primary Stroke Center, designated by the NJ Department of Health
- Beacon Award for Excellence by the American Association of Critical Care for joint replacement and nursing care
- Designated an Aetna Institute of Quality (IOQ) for spine surgery