LifeCare and Survivorship: Relief from the Pain and Symptoms of Serious Illness
Chronic illness can limit your quality of life, but LifeCare can help restore it.
While your physician treats your illness, LifeCare concentrates on relieving your symptoms. These supportive services complement—rather than replace—your medical treatment plan. Virtua partners with Samaritan Healthcare & Hospice to offer palliative care for people of any age and with any diagnosis.
LifeCare physicians, nurses, social workers and dietitians are highly accessible and provide these services:
- Palliative-care consultations for pain and symptom management
- Relief from symptoms such as incontinence, depression, anxiety and stress, fatigue, shortness of breath, loss of appetite, mobility and balance issues
- Medication management
- Care coordination that connects patients to the right services and schedules them at the right time
- Nutritional counseling to help regain appetite and make easy, healthy choices
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Guidance with complex treatment choices
- Supplying your personal goals of care
Who can benefit from LifeCare?
LifeCare helps patients and families coping with a wide range of illnesses including:
- Lung disease such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cardiac disease such as congestive heart failure
- Complications from diabetes
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis
Feeling better can lead to a more positive outlook and increased strength.
Call to learn more about the many benefits of LifeCare and how to access these supportive services. Most LifeCare services are covered by insurance plans.