We take breathing for granted, inhaling and exhaling without thinking about it. But simply drawing in a full breath can be a refreshing experience for someone with a pulmonary disorder.
Virtua Health’s pulmonary medicine specialists focus on ailments of the respiratory system, many of which are caused by smoking. Our pulmonologists use diagnostic procedures such as biopsies, X-rays, CT scans, and sleep studies to create individualized plans to treat your condition, including:
- COPD (chronic bronchitis and emphysema)
- Asthma and allergies
- Lung cancer
- Lung disease
- Sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea
Our highly skilled pulmonologists perform a variety procedures, such as:
- Bronchoscopy with bronchoalveolar lavage
- Bronchoscopic Lung Volume Reduction (BLVR)
- Endobronchial Valve Placement (EBV)
- Transbronchial needle aspiration
- Oxygen therapy
- Robotic bronchoscopy for minimally-invasive biopsy of difficult-to-access nodules
If you have a pulmonary disease-related sleep disorder, Virtua’s Sleep Centers provide state-of-the-art testing facilities. Our specialists perform sleep studies that assess heart rate, brain waves, breathing, oxygen levels, and more. This allows Virtua doctors to provide comprehensive consultation, testing, and treatment of identified sleep problems.
Call 888-VIRTUA-3 (888-847-8823) for more information on Virtua's pulmonary services.