High-Tech Surgical Solutions with Robotic Surgery
Incorporating technology in the operating room means smaller incisions and potentially faster recovery times. Virtua robotic surgeons bring in a high-tech helper in some cases: a robotic assistant.
During minimally invasive surgery, the doctor inserts surgical instruments and a tiny camera through several small incisions in the body.
When surgeons use robotic assistance in these cases, the high-tech system holds the surgical instruments, which the surgeons move with extremely sensitive hand controls. The robotic assistant can follow a surgeon’s hand movements with better dexterity and flexibility than the human hand and wrist can achieve.
This approach may provide better outcomes for you, such as:
- A shorter stay in the hospital
- Less pain and scarring
- Less blood loss
- A lower risk of infection
- A faster recovery
We offer robotic surgery at Virtua Memorial and Virtua Voorhees in the following specialties:
- Colorectal surgery and colorectal cancer treatment
- General surgery for hernia repair
- Gynecologic surgery for hysterectomies, endometriosis, uterine fibroids and pelvic floor reconstruction
- Gynecologic (cervical, ovarian, uterine) cancer treatment
- Infertility treatment
- Sleep apnea treatment
- Urologic surgery and prostate cancer treatment
To find a Virtua robotic surgeon,
call 1-888-VIRTUA-3 (1-888-847-8823).