We Help Ensure You Heal Properly
Wound healing is a complex process by which the skin repairs itself after an injury. Complications sometimes arise, especially if you have a pre-existing condition such as diabetes, decreased immunity, or a lack of sensation in the feet. People with diabetes are more susceptible to infections that, if left untreated, can lead to amputation.
Conditions We Treat:
- • Wounds that haven’t healed in 30 days or more
• Diabetic foot ulcers (wounds slow to heal due to diabetes)
• Leg ulcers (sores or open wounds on the legs)
• Pressure ulcers/bedsores (the result of pressure or friction over a boney area)
• Osteomyelitis (infection and inflammation of the bone and bone marrow)
• Slow or non-healing surgical wounds
• Skin tears or lacerations
The wound treatment team will develop a plan tailored to your specific needs. Treatments include dressing and pressure relief, wound debridement (removal of damaged tissue), contact cast application, compression therapy and more. We also offer hyperbaric oxygen therapy. In this advanced therapy, patients are enclosed in a pressurized chamber where they take in 100 percent pure oxygen to speed healing.
Virtua's Wound Healing Team:
- Advanced-practice and wound-certified nurses
- Plastic surgeons
- Infectious-disease specialists
- Foot, ankle, vascular and general surgeons
Call 1-888-VIRTUA-3 (1-888-847-8823) to schedule an appointment at the Virtua Wound Healing Center in Voorhees, NJ.