Free Wellness Visits for Medicare PatientsOnce a year, Medicare pays for a wellness visit. This visit is different from your yearly physical exam. During your annual wellness visit, you’ll have a conversation with a Virtua practitioner about your health and risk factors. You’ll receive a personalized plan to keep you on track – or put you back on track.
You are eligible for this free, zero co-pay wellness visit if you have Medicare Part B for one year or more. If a doctor or other health care provider performs additional tests or services during the Annual Wellness Visit that aren’t covered under this preventative Medicare benefit, the Part B deductible may apply, and you may be responsible for coinsurance.
During your wellness visit, your practitioner will:
- Review your medical history
- Measure your blood pressure, height and weight
- Screen for memory concerns
- Provide a list of risks and treatment options and preventative screenings for the next 5 to 10 years
- Provide recommendations for follow-up tests if needed