Let Virtua Help You Kick the Smoking Habit!
Are you having a hard time quitting smoking? Virtua Health’s individual counseling sessions will help you kick the smoking habit once and for all.
Working with a trained tobacco treatment specialist, you will:
- Learn about the addiction process
- Develop a personal plan to quit smoking
- Get the resources and tools you need to stop smoking, including access to prescription medication and nicotine replacement
- Learn how to manage stress and avoid other behavioral triggers
- Benefit from close monitoring during your journey--if something feels off or you’re having a hard time sticking with the program, we can work together to figure out the best solution
- Find out if you’re eligible for a high-risk lung cancer screening
Your first session will last about 45 minutes. This allows the time for us to get into a deeper conversation about your smoking addiction and develop a treatment strategy that works for you. All sessions after that will be about 15 to 30 minutes. Typically, you’ll have two sessions the first month, five monthly sessions, and then a final one at the 12-month mark.
Most insurance plans cover eight visits throughout the year with no out-of-pocket costs.
Individual smoking cessation counseling is available at Virtua Surgical Group in Marlton, NJ on Wednesdays from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. To make an appointment, call 856-355-7176.
Virtua also offers educational support groups run by trained tobacco cessation specialists. These sessions are free, but registration is required.
Updated October 21, 2020