Financial Assistance Policy
Virtua Health’s (“Virtua”) Financial Assistance Policy (“FAP") exists to provide eligible patients, partially or fully-discounted emergency or other medically necessary healthcare services provided by Virtua. Patients seeking financial assistance must apply for the programs offered.
Select below to view the policy from the following languages:
Financial Assistance Policy - Plain Language Summary
Financial Assistance Resources
- Financial Assistance Policy - Appendix A (PDF)
- Charity Care
- Charity Assistance Program
- New Jersey Hospital Care Assistance Program Application (PDF)
Charity Assistance Program
Virtua is dedicated to providing the highest quality healthcare for our community, regardless of ability to pay. We recognize that the cost of healthcare can be an excessive financial burden for our uninsured patients. For our uninsured patients who were ineligible for State or Federal assistance (e.g., Healthcare for the Uninsured, Charity Care, Medicaid), there is an opportunity for financial relief under the Virtua Charity Assistance Program. Learn about the New Jersey Catastrophic Illness in Children Relief Fund.
Do I qualify for the Virtua Charity Assistance Program?If you meet the following criteria, you can be eligible for a significant reduction to your hospital bill:
- You have no insurance coverage.
- You are not eligible for Medicaid.
- You are not eligible for a 100% adjustment under the State of New Jersey Charity Care program.
- You are not eligible for reimbursement from any third party (e.g., lawsuit, employer, school, church).
- The gross annual income for your household is less than $200,452.
If your answer is "YES" to all of the above, you qualify.
If I qualify, how do I apply for the Virtua Charity Assistance Program?Complete the Application Form, attach a copy of your latest paycheck stub or income source and send to:
Virtua Patient Accounting
2000 Crawford Place, Suite 100
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
ATTN: Virtua Charity Assistance Program