More moms prefer Virtua for obstetric and maternity care than any other health system in southern New Jersey*
*Source: National Research Corporation, October 2017
Our Maternity Centers at Virtua Memorial and Virtua Voorhees feature:
• Caring and experienced nursing staff to help you achieve your desired birth experience
• Home-like labor/delivery/recovery rooms (LDRs)
• Fully equipped surgical suites for cesarean births and more complicated deliveries
• Certified lactation consultants on staff
• Personalized pain management support with non-medicated and medicated options
• Round-the-clock access to dedicated obstetrical anesthesiologists
While in our mother-baby unit, your baby will stay with you in a private room so you can get to know each other throughout the remainder of your stay. To streamline communications as well as your postpartum and newborn care, a nurse who specializes in couplet care will care for both you and your baby.
• Prenatal care and well care provided by obstetrician/gynecologists (OB/GYNs) and midwives in office locations throughout Burlington, Camden and Gloucester counties.
• Childbirth education and maternity classes available at multiple locations during the day, evening and on weekends, as well as online.
• High-risk pregnancy care that includes comprehensive screenings and genetic counseling provided by board-certified, fellowship-trained maternal-fetal medicine specialists.
• Level III NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and SCN (special care nursery) led by Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia neonatologists and staffed by a team of neonatal nurse practitioners, neonatal nurses and other pediatric medical specialists.
• Regional Perinatal Center designation means our NICU provides the latest technology in pediatric respiratory care, electronic monitoring and other leading-edge therapies for the tiniest preemies to babies with critical health issues. Babies can be transferred from area hospitals when they require a high level of intensive care.
• Personalized breastfeeding support programs designed to help new moms, working moms, toddler moms and moms of multiples meet their breastfeeding goals.
• Post-pregnancy nutrition programs to help women achieve their ideal weight and wellness.
• Maternity massage therapy at vir tú spa.
Our community is our family. We believe every interaction is an opportunity to build relationships and loyalty by listening to our patients, anticipating their care needs, collaborating with care partners in our region and engaging with our community. This includes:
• Collaborating with women before, during and after their journey to motherhood, including supporting personalized birthing plans.
• Providing a wide variety of mother-baby programs and classes that complement our maternity services both before and after delivery.
• Offering a staff of highly qualified and compassionate physicians, nurses and midwives.
• Focusing on quality and safety.
Take an online video tour:
Make some time for you! Get the pampering you deserve during a relaxing and regenerating prenatal massage at vir tú spa in Moorestown or Washington Township.
Make an Appointment
When you are 5 to 7 months pregnant, you should preregister online with
the hospital where you’ll deliver your baby.
Virtua offers a variety of expert-led maternity classes and support groups for moms, dads and grandparents. Topics include childbirth preparation, prenatal yoga, labor basics, breastfeeding, postpartum depression support and more.
Karen McEvoy Shields is a Virtua certified nurse midwife who specializes in pregnancy, childbirth, fertility issues, prenatal and post-partum care and menopause.Watch Video
If you had a baby months ago and have a belly bulge that won't go away, it could be a sign of diastasis recti—a separation of your abdominal muscles. See how it's treated.Read More
Many days, the hardest part of my job is helping new mothers understand that their worries and issues are common.Read More
About 10% of expectant moms will experience preterm labor, even if they’re not considered high-risk. Know the warning signs and what to do to keep mom and baby safe.Read More
Receive the latest news and information about pregnancy and childbirth – delivered to your inbox every month! In addition, you can sign-up to receive My Baby Expectations™ to track your little one's development and learn valuable information on baby care.