Care PhilosophyWhen you come to Virtua to deliver your baby, we will strive to provide an outstanding experience for you and your family. We devote ourselves to providing you the highest level of clinical care and excellent service in a caring culture. Everything we do is guided by the following practices.
We ensure that:
- Every family is uniquely defined, accepted and respected for its differences.
- Care is provided in a nurturing and comforting environment.
- Patients, families and all members of the Virtua community are treated with dignity and respect.
- Communication is compassionate, caring and respectful.
- Care is provided in close and flexible partnerships with families.
- Empowerment is achieved by sharing complete and accurate information and education with families based on their individual needs.
- Family-centered care
Virtua provides family-centered maternity care because:
- You can't miss one special moment with your baby.
- It promotes family bonding.
- Studies show a baby in a mother's room cries less, is seldom startled, and stays warm and stable.
- Feeding is more convenient, and it increases the likelihood of successful breastfeeding.