COVID-19: Virtua Health continues to prioritize your safety. For information about services, visiting, and connecting to care, click here.
What moves you? Playing tennis? Running 5Ks? Chasing grandchildren? When what moves you becomes too hard because of joint, muscle or back pain or injury, Virtua orthopedic experts can help you get back to what you love.
Treatment plans are customized to your needs and lifestyle and may include physical therapy, pain management or minimally invasive or robotic surgery.
To consult with a Virtua orthopedic surgeon or sports medicine specialist, call 888-847-8823.
Our board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons guide your care – from diagnosis to treatment and beyond. Our specialties include:
• Shoulder replacement, including reverse shoulder replacement
• Spine surgery for back pain relief and spinal disorders and injuries
• Hand surgery and rehabilitation for hand, wrist, forearm and elbow disorders and injuries
• Mi-eye, a device that uses a needle with an integrated camera and light to perform a diagnostic arthroscopy in the doctor’s office
• Concussion baseline testing and management
• Fracture care
• Tenex, a minimally invasive treatment performed in the doctor’s office to relieve tendon pain by removing damaged scar tissue
• Corrective muscle therapy
• 99% patient satisfaction rating (HCAHPS)
• 2017 Aetna Institute of Quality (IOQ) designation
• US New & World Report – Virtua Voorhees high-performing hospital for hip and knee replacements
• Virtua Memorial Hospital was designated:
• 2018 Aetna Institute of Quality (IOQ) for spine surgery
• Blue Distinction® Center for Spine Surgery by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
• Premier national designation for nursing excellence, known as Magnet® Recognized. This prestigious distinction shows that our nurses meet rigorous standards for dedication, knowledge, compassion, and superior patient care.
While an “elective” orthopedic procedure or consultation may not be considered urgent, it is not necessarily optional. Putting off a joint replacement or delaying an orthopedic surgery can potentially cause decreased function and quality of life—and in some cases—further deterioration and complications when the issue is finally addressed. Your doctor can consult with you and recommend the best timing for treatment.
At Virtua Health, it’s safe to get the care you need right now. Since the late-May re-opening of elective procedures in New Jersey, we have safely performed hundreds of orthopedic procedures across our ambulatory service centers (ASCs) and hospital-based orthopedic units. Your health and well-being are our very highest priorities. Our infection prevention specialists are leaders in providing guidelines to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases, and we take infection prevention very seriously throughout our facilities. In addition, we have carefully planned and taken extra precautions to help ensure that we are doing everything we can to minimize any risk to our patients and staff members.
At Virtua, we have implemented a multi-layered approach to create a safe and comfortable patient experience, including:
Raking leaves and bagging yard debris is strenuous work that can be hard on your middle and lower back. Following these tips can help you protect yourself from injury.Read More
Physical therapy and exercise are essential for successful recovery after knee replacement. These seven exercises help you gain range of motion so you can do everyday tasks.Read More