Quit Smoking and Stay Smoke Free
Smoking cessation programs are proven to help you quit smoking and offer resources to stay smoke free. Quitting smoking improves your overall health and reduces your risk for heart disease, stroke, cancer, lung disease, and other smoking-related illnesses. Other benefits include healthier looking skin, improved sense of taste, and a better night’s sleep.
If you’re preparing for any surgery, stopping smoking will lower your risk for complications. Smoking decreases blood flow and weakens your immune system, which can cause surgical wounds to not heal properly and increases the chance of infection.
Don’t Kick the Habit Alone
Virtua offers two smoking cessation program options. Both are run by a tobacco treatment specialist who provides information and tools to help you kick the smoking habit.
- Small-group education and support sessions are FREE and offered either in person or online. To schedule small-group sessions, register online or call 888-847-8823.
- Individual counseling consists of eight visits throughout the year and is covered by most insurance plans with no out-of-pocket costs. These sessions are offered at the Virtua Thoracic Surgery office in Marlton. To schedule, call 856-355-7176.
What to expect from a Virtua Smoking Cessation Program:
- Learn about the addiction process
- Gain stress management techniques
- Develop a personal plan to quit smoking
- Obtain optional prescription aids and nicotine replacements to support your plan
- Get expert guidance from a trained tobacco treatment specialist
- Gain support and encouragement during your quitting journey
- Attend two or more sessions either in person or online
Choose the session option that's right for you and register today.