Recipe - Avocado Chocolate Mousse
This velvety, decadent dessert takes chocolate mousse to a new level with the addition of avocado. And best of all, it's easy to make for special occasions or for the holiday season!
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp honey, maple syrup, or agave
- 2 to 4 Tbsp cocoa powder, to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond milk, divided in half
- Slice and peel the avocado and put into a food processor or blender.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl in 15 second intervals, adding a few drops of water as needed to keep the consistency smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate chips, honey, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and half of the almond milk to the avocado; blend together until smooth, adding in more almond milk if needed.
- Serve in small muffin cups or dishes. Enjoy with fresh fruit or nuts on top!
Nutritional Analysis(1 serving)
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 10 grams
- Carbs: 17 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Sugar: 3 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
Updated January 31, 2020