Recipe - Vegetarian Lettuce WrapsThis healthy version of the popular recipe, using tofu and low-sodium soy sauce, is low in calories but doesn't sacrifice the taste.
- 2 teaspoons Olive or Canola Oil
- 1 package (about 14 oz) Firm Tofu
- 2 ears Corn, cut kernels off (or 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Corn Kernels)
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder (more To Taste)
- 1/4 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 head Boston Lettuce (or other lettuce)
- 2 whole Avocados, Sliced
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Throw in the tofu, then break it up into very small pieces. Cook tofu for several minutes, until much of the liquid cooks off and tofu starts to turn golden.
- Mix the corn in with the tofu. Cook for a few minutes (corn can remain crunchy).
- Add chili powder and soy sauce, then cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Turn off heat and stir in balsamic if using.
- Pile mixture into lettuce leaves, then add sliced avocado. Fold up and chow down!
(Amount Per Serving)
Total Fat: 14 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 186 mg
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Protein: 10 g
Submitted by Jeanne Hendricks, Virtua Nutrition
Updated July 18, 2018