COVID-19: Virtua Health continues to prioritize your safety. For information about services, testing, visiting, and vaccination, click here.
• 1 (10-ounce) box brown rice lasagna noodles
• 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
• 4 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 pound yellow squash (about 3), chopped
• 2 yellow onions, chopped
• 1 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, oregano and parsley, divided, plus more for garnish
• 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
• 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added white beans, such as navy or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 (15-ounce) tub part-skim ricotta cheese (or make your own tofu ricotta)
• 1 (16-ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed
• 1 (16-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
• 1 large tomato, diced
• Cook noodles per package instructions. Rinse in cold water after draining and spread out in a single layer to prevent sticking. Set aside.
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• Heat broth in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
• Add garlic, squash, onions and 1/2 cup of the herbs and cook, stirring often, until liquid has evaporated, 20 to 25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a food processor, purée almond milk, beans and ricotta until smooth; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
• In a 9-x13-inch baking dish (this recipe makes a very full pan, so make sure your dish is at least 2 inches deep), layer lasagna as follows, scattering remaining herbs in between layers: ricotta mixture, noodles, broccoli and spinach, noodles, squash mixture, noodles, ricotta mixture.
• Top with tomato and bake, uncovered, until hot throughout, about 45 minutes; set aside to let rest 15 minutes.
• Cut into squares, garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
(Amount Per Serving)
• Calories: 370 calories
• Fat: 6g
• Cholesterol: 15mg cholesterol
• Sodium: 230mg
• Carbohydrates: 54g
• Protein: 21g
Recipe provided by Whole Foods Market