Recipe - Spicy Cauliflower Bites
Instead of Buffalo-style chicken wings, try these tasty alternatives. You’ll cut the calories, fat and sodium in half, while still getting to satisfy your craving. File this one under guilt-free snacks!
Makes: 2-4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into even-sized florets
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Optional: 1 tsp your favorite hot sauce!
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat cauliflower florets in olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and roast for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Add unsalted butter and all spices into a small saucepot. Gently melt together and stir over low heat until completely melted.
- Pour the spiced butter sauce over the cauliflower and toss with tongs to coat.* For even more spice, add a touch of your favorite hot sauce & enjoy!
Per serving: 1/2 head of cauliflower
Calories: 137 Calories
Fat: 9.1 g
Sodium: 89 mg
Carbohydrates: 13.0 g
Fiber: 4.4 g
Sugar: 4.7 g
Protein: 4.2 g
Submitted by Domenica Toscani, Virtua Nutrition
Updated January 4, 2017