Heart-Healthy Recipe: Chocolate Avocado Chia Pudding
Sweet treats somehow manage to be both friend and frenemy alike. When you're having a bad day, there's nothing like a pick-me-up cupcake. And when you're having a good day, there's nothing like a well-deserved cupcake.
Ugh, food can be so unfair. But before we go down this road of eating less sugar and retooling your diet to feature nothing by flaxseed and cardboard – there's a way to satisfy your sweet tooth without sacrificing the flavor you crave. Spoiler alert: it's the title of this recipe.
Avocado and chia seeds give this decadent, delicate dessert a sneaky heart-healthy boost. And the best part, your kids will love it without knowing they are eating healthy!
- 2 very ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- In a blender or food processor, mix all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer your mixture to individual serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow your pudding to thicken.
- The next day, serve with optional raspberries, chopped almonds or walnuts on top.
Updated June 14, 2022