Pump Up the (Heart) Beat with these 25 Workout Songs
Exercising without music just seems... wrong. Outside of drowning out the sounds of grunts and heavy breathing from your fellow gym mates – music can distract you from fatigue, put you in a good mood, and even increase your endurance.
In fact, studies show that when listening to music, people run further, bike longer, and swim faster without even knowing it!
February is American Heart Month. And one of the best ways to stay heart healthy is to add some aerobic exercises into your weekly routine. Working out for 150 minutes each week – even moderate activities like walking, yoga, pushups, pull-ups, and squats – can significantly reduce your chances of heart disease.
That’s why we put together this blood-pumping, heart-thumping, pulse-pounding playlist to help get things moving! Enjoy.
25. Times Like These by The Foo Fighters
24. Burning Man by Dierks Bentley and Brothers Osborne
23. Dog Days Are Over by Florence + The Machine
22. Dancing In the Dark by Bruce Springsteen
21. Run, Run, Run by The Who
20. Firework by Katy Perry
19. 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton
18. Wake Me Up by Avicii
17. Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey
16. Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon
15. Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar
14. I Just Want to Celebrate by Rare Earth
13. The Sign by Ace of Base
12. Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts
11. Good 4 U by Olivia Rodrigo
10. Wild Hearts by Keith Urban
9. Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen
8. Can’t Be Tamed by Miley Cyrus
7. Good as Hell by Lizzo featuring Ariana Grande
6. Shake it Off by Taylor Swift
5. Hey Look Ma, I Made It by Panic! At The Disco
4. Heart on Fire by Eric Church
3. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
2. Bad Habits by Ed Sheeran
1. Cold Heart by Elton John & Dua Lipa
If you want to take it up another level, take this quick heart-health quiz to see how healthy your habits are!
Updated February 9, 2022