Heart-Healthy Summer Recipe: Hummus and Veggies
Hummus Shmummus. Chickpeas… ew. That’s probably what you’re thinking when you read the word "hummus." No lie, we used to feel that way too. But this recipe changed all that.
Not only is this a heart-healthy snack, it’s creamy and delicious. And before you know it, it will all be gone.
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, rinsed
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- Garlic cloves (to your liking)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika divided
- Parsley only for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except for parsley and 1 tablespoon of paprika in a blender until smooth. Mixture should be moist and fluffy when done mixing. If it isn’t, add some water or more olive oil until everything is smooth.
- Transfer hummus into a serving bowl and drizzle extra olive oil, parsley, and the other tablespoon of paprika on top for taste.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables for a heart-healthy and delicious snack!
Updated July 26, 2022