Healthy Gameday Snacks: Sheet Pan Nachos
Not fried, features lean meat, and just enough cheese to satisfy your nacho cravings. Plus there’s a saying: all nachos are good nachos.
- 8 ounces tortilla chips of choice
- 2 teaspoons avocado or olive oil
- 8 ounces extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons regular chili powder
- 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar
- Preheat your oven to 425-degrees.
- Lightly spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat your avocado oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add your ground turkey and cook, breaking up your meat into crumbles. Cook until no pink spots remain, about 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in onions, garlic, and chili powder and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- On your nonstick baking sheet, evenly distribute your chips, cooked turkey, beans, and corn. Sprinkle your cheese on top.
- Bake for about 7 to 8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with sour cream if desired.
Updated October 4, 2021