Heart-Healthy Summer Recipe: Dessert Parfait
Dessert is the best meal of the day… obviously. But unfortunately, it tends to be the unhealthiest. Which, to be honest, seems unfair. That’s why you have to try this heart-healthy parfait that is rich, decadent, but surprisingly light!
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 package fat-free vanilla pudding
- 1 can fat-free whipped cream
- Cook the angel cake mix according to box instructions, let cool, and then cut into cubes.
- Slice the strawberries into fourths to make them easier to eat in the parfait.
- Begin to layer parfait. Start with angel food cake, lining the bottom of your container of choice. Then add strawberries, pudding, chocolate chips, mix of blueberries and raspberries, whipped cream, and repeat. The fun thing about this is you can layer however you want!
- Add a serving spoon and enjoy!
Updated July 26, 2022