Heart-Healthy Summer Recipe: Pear and Walnut Salad
A-PEAR-ently, salads are a healthy craze now. With so many unique types to make and try, salads are an easy go-to meal. So don’t be WAL-NUTS and try this pear and walnut salad out!
(Yes, we like food puns. And no, we won’t apologize for it!)
High in antioxidants and fiber, this salad will leave you feeling satisfied and guilt-free! Plus, it’s low in sodium and super refreshing!
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 sliced pear
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- ¼ cup red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup of your favorite dressing
- 1 chicken breast (optional)
- Place your spinach in a bowl big enough to mix all the ingredients into. Slice your pear into thin pieces and chop walnuts and red onion into small pieces.
- Mix sliced pear and walnuts in with the spinach to build the base of the salad.
- Gather a tablespoon of lemon juice and add it into the salad bowl. Additionally, crumble goat cheese on top of the salad.
- Add in any of your favorite dressings and mix the salad together.
- If desired, season and cook 1 chicken breast and add it on top of the salad for a source of protein.
Updated July 26, 2022