Recipe for Gut Health: Avocado and Black Bean Salad
There are easy recipes to master – and then there's this. Packed with prebiotic fiber, this colorful, flavorful salad is great for picnics, lunch, dinner, or a healthy snack paired with tortilla chips.
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 12 ounce canned corn, drained
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small red chili, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup olive or avocado oil
- Place the beans, onion, tomatoes, red pepper, corn, avocado, and mango into a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Place the garlic, red chili, lime juice and oil in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour your dressing over all of your ingredients and mix.
If you’re struggling with digestive distress, Virtua’s board-certified gastroenterologists can help with the most advanced treatment options and more than 20 South Jersey locations. Learn more at virtua.org/GI.
Updated July 30, 2021