Healthy Gameday Snacks: Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
Surprisingly crispy, but without the grease, oil, and all the unnecessary calories that come with it. Serve these up with celery and chopped chives to see if anyone notices a difference.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce of choice
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 oz. blue cheese crumbles
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing Directions:
- Place Greek yogurt and half of your blue cheese into a medium bowl and mash blue cheese crumbles into the yogurt with a fork to combine.
- Mix in vinegar, lemon juice, water, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the remaining blue cheese crumbles to your dressing and mix again. Set aside.
Buffalo Wings Directions:
- Coat your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- With a paper towel, pat your wings until dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place your wings in a single layer at the bottom of your basket and make sure none are touching. Set the air fryer to 360-degrees and cook for 24 minutes, flipping halfway.
- After the initial 24 minutes, flip your wings again and bump the temperature up to 390-degrees. Cook for an additional 6 minutes, flipping halfway through, until your wings are nice and crispy.
- While the wings finish cooking, melt your butter in the microwave and combine it with your hot sauce.
- Transfer your wings into a large bowl with your hot sauce and toss until coated.
Updated February 4, 2022