Healthy Gameday Snacks: Healthier Guacamole
Everyone loves guacamole. And to those who don't love guacamole, they probably haven't had it yet. Either way, this guac has a secret ingredient that makes this dip healthy, lower in calories, but just as delicious. Psst... the secret ingredient is peas.
- 1 cup frozen peas, slightly thawed
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Place your frozen peas in a food processor and pulse until the peas are smooth.
- In a medium bowl, add your peas, tomato, onion, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice and combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in your avocado chunks and mix to combine. Mash with a fork to your desired thickness.
- Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables of choice.
Updated February 4, 2022